When developing web applications there are some real “insights” that might help you and all of them applicable to PHP developing.
Check them out:
- “In Science Failure is always a option” – Adam Savage fro MythBusters
- Take your time and do it right from the 1st time
- Contradiction and Irony had a case and created the Murphy’s Law which kicks both rules above through space
- A missing semicolon will break your script
- There is such thing as error logs and they exist to be checked
- The only real configuration for error logging in PHP.INI on a development machine is E_ALL
- The project will be launched before the due time and with a considerable amount of bugs
- Usability is never considered on project development time
- So is real testing done by testers and not developers
- For the last, and the most important of all, when everything fails, stop, grab a coffee, chill for a minute and you will see on the monitor that missing semicolon that you weren’t seeing.
Even knowing that most of these truths I have treated as jokes, in a real project and in the “real world” these actually happens. Just keep in mind the first 5 “truths” while developing a project and all will be good.