Today I heard an interesting podcast from the guys of PHPSP and during the whole podcast they brought 2 interesting points:
- Every developer should participate on a PHP Open Source project so he can not only learn new techniques but also improve his techniques
- Zend Framework is definitely not for beginners.
- it can jumpstart a project and seriously: time is money
- performance is important and even if the you can’t achieve with the framework, you can achieve it with hardware
- when choosing a framework, consider age, documentation and online collaboration
- frameworks are supposed to be a “lego board” where you build things on, in another words, a place where you don’t need to re-invent the wheel