Alright here goes some basic internet connection troubleshooting.
- In most of the cases, when your cable lost connection for quite some time, these are the items that might be related to it:
- Modem not receiving (keeps blinking receiving light) -> cable corp problem
- Modem not sending (keeps blinking sending light) -> it can be either the cable corp or the modem problem -> to test -> remove cable and power, wait a few minutes and place again -> should work and if not -> cable corp problem
- Broken cables (this one is annoying) -> change cables
- Modem gone -> hard to test too
- Router gone -> place pc on modem and it should work
- Router ping of death -> some routers give a feedback so high to the modem that the cable corp takes out offline