For a while I have been using Hostmonster as my primary hosting provider for my PHP applications and so far it have exceeded my expectations.
The disadvantage so far is that it does not have any dedicated servers and sometimes that is the only option that you might need (since shared servers you still have to configure your session to avoid session attacks), but it have a great amount of advantages that make it worth:
- Unlimited everything (including domains – addons)
- PHP and MySQL up to date
- Creates a PHP.INI file if you need to
- Have a PEAR and PECL installer
- Give you a $25 coupon to use on Google Adwords
- Postgre Databases
- A good client support
- With a little upgrade you might get more features such as SSL certificates and dedicated IP (almost a dedicated server)
Since this blog is all about “share the good” and mostly about PHP, I’m leaving this post to help anyone that might need a reasonable cost per features LAMP server.